Benefits of the CWDP
- An independent evaluation of your competencies
- A nationally-recognized and portable credential
- Much deserved recognition of your role as a professional
Nearly eight in 10 -- 79 percent -- of those making hiring, promotion, salary, or bonus decisions indicated that when making such decisions, they place a value on the skills of individuals who have earned the CWDP.
What does the CWDP measure?
The CWDP evaluates your knowledge in nine different competency areas. The competencies were identified through technically sound research by identifying the work requirements and validated by professionals across the nation in a variety of workforce settings. REVIEW the CWDP Competencies.
Who should apply?
Anyone who works in workforce development and supports the efforts of job seekers or local employers. This includes professionals who work at local workforce organizations, job corps centers, staffing agencies, community colleges, offender re-entry programs, veteran services organizations, and private career counselors.
How do I apply for the CWDP?
- (1) Make time to attend the LIVE webinar, or watch the RECORDED VERSION: Tips and Strategies for Applying for the CWDP. THE NEXT LIVE WEBINAR IS TBD. If a date is not posted, it is not yet scheduled.The webinar provides hints and practical advice for completing your CWDP application. Individuals who participate in the webinar have a higher success rate with their application than those who do not participate.
- (2) Make time to complete the: CWDP Self Assessment. The self assessment is just that -- a tool for you to self assess your experience and how it aligns with the CWDP credential criteria. It is designed to help you organize yourself in pursuit of the credential.
You may submit your application at any time. Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis with the following deadlines: January 31; April 30; July 31; and October 31. NOTE: If the deadline falls on a weekend, applications must be received by the Friday prior to deadline.
Already Earned Your CWDP?
Click HERE to find out how you can take the next step with an Endorsement and how to recertify.
Want to see who already has earned their Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) credential? Click HERE.
Watch our VIDEO below to hear from those who have earned the CWDP credential!