NEP Overview and Criteria
We live in a rapidly changing world and need to develop our future leaders. NAWDP's younger members are invited to apply for the 12-month New and Emerging Professionals (NEP) Initiative.
During the year, the participants will have opportunities to raise their profile within NAWDP and the workforce development profession by participating in various activities that support their professional association.
All participants will be asked to complete a 9-month long NEP Capstone Project of their choosing that will assist NAWDP and our members.
Further, participants are encouraged to seek out additional activities that are most meaningful to them, including:
Participating on NAWDP committees.
- Presenting at or participating in a showcase at the annual NAWDP conference.
- Assisting regional reps/state reps with communication to their constituencies.
- Developing infographics and other visual presentations about NAWDP or workforce development.
- Creating content for the NAWDP newsletter, social platforms, and website.
Access to a professional mentor to guide you through your Capstone project, and provide coaching and leadership.
- Connection to professional networks that provide peer support and career-mapping opportunities.
- Professional development and training opportunities on a variety of topics.
- An opportunity to raise your professional profile and build your resume.
Attendance to bi-monthly conference calls with NEP Cohort
- Participation in regular scheduled communication with assigned mentor
- Completion of Capstone Project within the stated deadline
- Suggested participation in additional NAWDP activities
To Apply, click here for more information and to download application form.
Have experience/interest in workforce development
- Have a letter of support from his/her employer
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management
- Be ready to assume a higher administrative or managerial role
- Be NAWDP member at least one year at the time of application
- Be working on or have obtained a CWDP
- Be able to attend the NAWDP Annual Conference