NAWDP is a member of the Campaign to Invest in America’s Workforce (CIAW).
In late May 2017, the National Governors Association asked CIAW member organizations to share with their stakeholders, a copy of the NGA letter sent to the U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcomittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies.
The letter, dated May 25, urged the Senate to prioritize funding for federal education and workforce programs in the budget and appropriations for fiscal year 2018.
To read the letter, click above, or click the image below.
The Legislative Update section below will be relaunched in the fall of 2017, following congressional summer recess.
Get the latest information on legislative issue from these past Legislative Updates
- October 28, 2015: Budget Deal Reached
- September 30, 2015: Congress Passes Short Term Funding Bill
- April 3, 2015: WIOA Regulations Available for Public Inspection
- January 7, 2015: WIOA Regulations Delayed
- December 10, 2014: Agreement Reached on FY15 Funding Levels
- August 15, 2014: Department of Labor to Hold Session on Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act
- June 25, 2014: Senate Passes Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act
- June 9, 2014: House of Representatives Passes Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Investment Act
- May 21, 2014: Efforts to Reauthorize the Workforce Investment Act are Working!
- February 22, 2014: Help Support Funding for Workforce Programs.
- January 16, 2014: Congress Passes Spending Bill
- December 12, 2013: House Passes Budget Measure
- October 31, 2013: SCSEP Reauthorization Advances in Senate
- October 21, 2013: Sign On Letter to Reauthorize the Workforce Investment Act
- October 17, 2013: Federal Government Reopens
- October 8, 2013: Impact of Shutdown on FY14 Funding
Want to receive legislative updates on issues when they occur? JOIN NAWDP today!