How to Engage Local Manufacturers
April 20, 2017
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET
FEES: Member - $35 Nonmember - $55
- Kimberly Meadows - Northeast Georgia Regional Commission - Athens, Georgia
- Sid Jessup - Northeast Georgia Regional Commission - Athens, Georgia
- Carol Cofer - Northeast Georgia Regional Commission - Athens, Georgia
Workforce development is an important tool in economic viability of communities…if we can capture their trust and their engagement. Learn from our experience and transform your efforts to capture, engage, and enhance!
Manufacturers often they go outside the workforce system to meet their talent needs with frustrating results. In Northeast Georgia, a Workplace Fundamentals program was created for unemployed individuals, to become trained in the manufacturing sector. The challenge was to convince local employers and the local community that the training is an economic driver, not simply as a social welfare program.
This webinar will discuss:
- How to go from a single marketing strategy, focusing only on the training participant, to a comprehensive engagement strategy focusing on all three sets of stakeholders (individuals, businesses, and the community).
- By bringing the employers to the table (literally), and determining community economic impact, we transformed the way stakeholders viewed our training efforts.
- It was no longer just a program to help people who were unemployed, it was now an economic development tool to businesses, and a way to stimulate the community by having more money in the local economy.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Click ONLINE to register via the website
- Click DOWNLOAD to fill out a registration form and submit offline